Join Our Team
Associate General Manager
Employee Type: Full-time
Location: Columbia, MD
We are looking for a collaborative, organized individual to help manage the daily operations of touring Broadway productions in conjunction with the Senior General Manager and support the general management team as needed. Responsibilities include: accounting and financial reporting, personnel management, union administration/compliance, negotiating and hiring of the creative team, drafting contracts and legal agreements, supporting the booking and marketing departments as needed, and managing the logistics of general tour operations. This role works collaboratively with all departments (producing, booking, production, etc.), ensuring projects meet artistic goals, and stay on schedule and within budget. This position reports to both the Senior General Manager as well as the Executive Producer on a given tour. Success in this role means having a strong attention for detail, a deep passion for theatre and the ability to work independently while communicating effectively within the organization, with creative teams, and partners.
- Uphold the mission of NETworks Presentations to bring the Broadway experience to stages everywhere.
- Work with Executive Producers and production teams to ensure deadlines are met and all appropriate information is conveyed in order to keep the team on goal.
- Manage day-to-day operations of assigned shows through all phases of development (production, running/operations, and closing) ensuring employee safety and satisfaction.
- Supervise company management teams.
- Support the Senior GM with personnel management as needed, including managing and maintaining employment paperwork.
- Manage and maintain all production financial reports, including updating budgets and pro formas, reviewing settlements, and reviewing and distributing weekly royalty reports and merchandise commissions.
- Negotiate deal terms and draft cast contracts.
- Draft deal memos and agreements and distribute as needed.
- Support General Managers and other productions as needed.
- Manage special projects when requested.
- Filing and tracking essential documents.
Qualified candidates must:
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of company management or general management experience in a theatrical environment.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, organizational and computer skills.
- Have experience collaborating with multiple personalities/positions and departments.
- Demonstrate computer proficiency and experience with Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Understand basic accounting terms and practices. Business math and finance knowledge and proficiency with spreadsheets using complex formulas a plus.
- Be able to multitask multiple projects in a high stress environment and pay extreme attention to detail.
- Be willing and able to travel for extended periods of time via plane, train or vehicle.
- Be able to work nights and weekends when necessary.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com